Saturday, April 19, 2008

Because It's Come to This...


I gotta be honest: I don't know how people find me, and I don't know why they take interest in me, but for some reason they do, and they do. For the last couple of years, I have been hearing from a 22 year old musician named Olaolu Winfunke from Locust Grove, Georgia.

I don't know what he thinks a moon-faced whitey like myself can do for him, but he runs a business called AfricanConnect, where he hawks his music and wares. I go to his website every time I hear from him, but when I saw the "Street Team" on his website, I decided that I liked him and his pals and their electronic Afro-pop, if only for "Street Team" member "Whitney".

Hell, I've never been so enterprising. So there you go, Olaolu. You've worn this milquetoast suburban-raised middle-aged woman who wouldn't know a rap from an ankle bracelet right down. Persistence is obviously the key to winning a plug on the internationally renowned and prize-winning WhinyBabyLand!